Queensland offers some of Australia's most diverse holiday experiences, from the exciting nightlife and golden sands of Gold Coast beaches, to the pristine wilderness of the Daintree rainforests and Great Barrier Reef in Tropical North Queensland. No matter the type of holiday you are seeking, you'll definitely be pleased, but most likely delighted at what you'll find.
Queensland has 13 regions for you to discover, each offers something unique and individual.
1. Brisbane - As Queensland's capital, Brisbane has it all. There's something for everyone - the sparkling and exciting CBD, the cool waters of the Brisbane River and Moreton Bay, the rural shires surrounding the city, and the mountainous national parks.
2. Gold Coast - From spectacular beaches to cosy hinterland getaways, the Gold Coast offers plenty of places for you to holiday. Just expect to be tempted to stay a little longer. The Gold Coast is known for being an action-packed holiday destination. Whether it is the theme parks, attractions or tours ... there's something for everyone on the Gold Coast.
3. Sunshine Coast - Just north of Brisbane, Queensland's Sunshine Coast offers a relaxed, yet sophisticated lifestyle. Encompassing the coastline from Caloundra to Rainbow Beach and the lush countryside of the hinterland, the beauty of this region will fascinate you. The Sunshine Coast is known for being relaxing family holiday destination.
4. Tropical North Queensland - Welcome to Paradise - Tropical North Queensland. Whether it's an indulgent break or a life changing adventure, this stunning region offers you a magical and unforgettable experience. Tropical North Queensland is where the rainforest meets the reef. Whether it's an indulgent break or a life changing adventure, this stunning region offers you a magical and unforgettable experience
5. Whitsundays - In the heart of Queensland's Great Barrier Reef, lie the Whitsunday Islands, 74 islands floating like gems in the tropical warm waters of the Coral Sea. Discover the incredible variety from the bow of a sailboat ... cruise through the islands and drop anchor for a quick snorkel and fall asleep at night to the gentle rocking of the waves under a canopy of stars. The Whitsundays are the essence of paradise.
6. Outback - Queensland's Outback, Australia's final frontier, invites you to experience its magnificent wonders. Follow in the footsteps of early pioneers and wonder at the rugged terrain and beautiful Coolabah-lined rivers. It's a region of stark contrasts ... desert sand dunes, World Heritage listed areas filled with dinosaur fossils and lush fishing holes. Combine this rich natural diversity with the genuinely friendly locals you'll meet, and you've got a place quite unlike any other. It's truly a region awaiting your discovery. So grab a trusty map and vehicle, and come embark on an authentic Australian holiday.
7. Central Queensland - Bringing together the regions of Capricorn and Gladstone, Central Queensland offers you a lovely blend of laidback country charm amidst diverse natural beauty. With a combination of coastal cities, islands, rainforest and gemfields, you couldn't ask for anything more. Enjoy the laidback charm of a beach holiday, a paradise bursting at the seams with natural beauty, in Central Queensland.
8. Fraser Coast - The Fraser Coast region is a rare destination, filled with natural wonders and some of the world's most unique attractions. It boasts World Heritage listed Fraser Island, the largest sand island in the world, with spectacular coloured sands, freshwater lakes and towering rainforests. And then there's Hervey Bay, the whale watching capital of Australia and popular access point to the Great Barrier Reef. The Fraser Coast is a nature-lovers paradise.
9. Mackay - The Mackay area is an inviting mix of secluded beaches, elusive wildlife and rural communities. At the heart of the region is Mackay city, a vibrant city with lovely Art Deco buildings and streets lined with palm trees. The surrounding areas are perfect for holidaying far from crowds; relaxing at secluded beaches, exploring an ancient rainforest, snorkelling the reef or strolling through a laid-back city centre, you'll love the tropical atmosphere of the Mackay region.
10. Townsville - Townsville is a vibrant region that encompasses beautiful coastal towns, rainforests, rugged Outback and country terrain. But the appeal of this beautiful region expands further from the city of Townsville ... head in any direction and you'll be rewarded. The Great Barrier Reef sprawls to the east, the Outback beckons to the west, islands and rainforest entice to the north while sugar cane and mango farming communities tempt in the south. The opportunities for exploration are endless.
11. South East Queensland Country - Only a short drive from Brisbane and the coast, and you're in South East Queensland Country. Welcome to four clearly defined seasons, clean air, a burgeoning wine industry, galleries and museums, and the freshest and tastiest produce. All this wrapped up in warm hospitality makes South East Queensland Country an ideal holiday destination.
12. Bundaberg, Coral Coast and Country - Bundaberg, Coral Coast & Country is a charming region of pristine beaches and coral islands, in an easy 4 hour drive north of Brisbane. Known as the southern gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, the region boasts an unspoiled 140km sandy coastline, several national parks and coral cays, all which are awaiting your discovery.
13. Western Downs - If it's classic Aussie pubs, stunning National Parks or colourful country experiences you're chasing, then a trip to Queensland's Western Downs is a must on your holiday journey. Just 3 hours drive west of Brisbane, the Western Downs can be explored while touring some of Queensland's major arterial highways: the Great Inland Way, Warrego, Leichhardt and Gore. Discover wide open spaces and the rich pioneering history of real Queensland country. Enjoy great inland fishing, experience life on a host farm, go wine tasting western style and discover the peaceful lifestyle of rural communities. Western Downs is an area rich with rural character and welcoming country towns.